Sunday, November 11, 2007

enough


Photos: Ajey Patil, Amruta Patil

why this queasy stomach each time i am to board a plane? what's the worst that can happen? flesh ripped off the face with the force of shrapnel or wind? what else? bring it all on. skin burnt till limbs are stiff black twigs? being bodily gone from the life of lovers? exploding midair without having done one single worthwhile thing? what else? what else? i saw the worst, in slow graphic detail, and fear slipped away. the landing was less than graceful, but i am not scared of flying anymore.
~
overcast afternoon, evening of violent thunderstorms, night split by bolts of lightning. this entry accompanied by natural theatrics has become matter of course. if there is no untimely thunder or lightning or flood, there is a stray riot or tsunami or blast. amazing. must watch where one lets the veil touch down.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

bent of mind
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJvknKWHJ8E

amruta patil said...

thank you. i love these pebbles you leave me.

Anonymous said...

'Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fear's path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.'

Anonymous said...

From an aviator & father
Just look at the statistics of how many die doing mundane thing like using roads & u will realise that flying is far safer. Do you know the skill level of the bus driver who drove your night bus to Bangalore, wether he was drunk or overworked. The pilot will not touch the controls if he has exceeded his quota of working hours & can not be forced to go or has no fear of loss of pay etc.
So arent u safer in air?